FREE! OESD Stabilizer Reference Guide! Click and print!
OESD Stabilizer Smarts Bundle Box
Item #: SIS304BB10
Convenient Stitch it! Sisters™ Bundle Box featuring four OESD must-have stabilizers every embroider should keep on hand to embroider virtually any project!
Exclusive Oklahoma Embroidery Supply and Design (OESD) Stabilizer Bundle Box includes four essential and versatile machine embroidery stabilizers, including one each: CutAway, TearAway, WashAway, and HeatAway; plus a Zippered Polyweave Storage Pouch, and one Stitch it! Sisters' Sticker.
Exclusive Convenient Bundle Box contents:
• OESD Polymesh CutAway Stabilizer, 10" x 10 yd. Roll
• OESD Medium Weight TearAway Stabilizer, 10" x 10 yd. Roll
• OESD AquaMesh WashAway Stabilizer, 10" x 10 yd. Roll
• OESD Heat2Go Topping Specialty Stabilizer, 12" x 10 yd. Roll
• Zippered Polyweave Storage Pouch, 12" x 16"
• Stitch it! Sisters' Sticker
Beautiful machine embroidery results begin with choosing the right stabilizer for your project.
Stabilizer is the foundation for a successful embroidery project — it stabilizes the fabric and keeps it from moving, puckering, or stretching while embroidering.
Stabilizer keeps the stitches looking good after embroidery by adding stability to the fabric.
Without a stabilizer (or too little stabilizer), embroidery designs will have puckers, holes in the fabric, and alignment problems, like gapping between the fills and the outlines of the designs.
OESD Polymesh CutAway Stabilizer
• This stabilizer provides optimum support and resists stretching!
• Eliminates pulling or sagging of embroidery designs.
• Use when strength is needed to hold embroidery stitches through washing and wearing of lightweight items.
• Soft but very strong — used to stabilize fabrics like knits, sweater knits, or lightweight wovens to maintain softness.
• Semi-transparent — excellent for use with thinner fabrics to prevent show-through of stabilizer.
• The soft hand and soft finish makes this cut away stabilizer comfortable next to skin and prevents skin irritation
• Securely holds embroidery stitches on garments or projects through repeated washing and wearing.
• 1.5 oz
• 10" x 10 yd. Roll
OESD Medium Weight TearAway Stabilizer
• A high quality, medium weight tear away for use with medium to high stitch count designs
• Tears away easily and cleanly in all directions
• Suitable for stable fabrics without stretch.
• Use on tightly woven fabrics such as quilt fabrics, poly/cotton fabrics, canvas, and duck cloth.
• Can also be used on vinyl and leather.
• 1.5 oz
• 10" x 10 yd. Roll
OESD AquaMesh WashAway Stabilizer
• Use any time there is a need for the stabilizer to be completely removed from the embroidered item.
• An opaque mesh water-soluble stabilizer made of starch.
• Rinses out easily with warm running water.
• Perfect for creating freestanding lace, cutwork, and reverse appliqué.
• Ideal to use on sheer or lightweight fabrics such as batiste.
• Resists drying out or absorbing moisture, however, Wash Away stabilizers tend to stiffen with exposure to the air, so they should be stored in sealed bags — like the Zippered Polyweave
• Pattern Pouch!
• 1.2 oz
• 10" x 10 yd. Roll
OESD Heat2Go Topping Specialty Stabilizer
• Some embroidery projects require a specialty stabilizer to reach their full potential.
• A medium weight clear film that can be used as a topper or stabilizer for specialty applications
• Easily removed without distorting even delicate stitches
• The perfect topping for moisture-sensitive fabrics
• A permanent solution to hold lofty fabric fibers in place under embroidery, such as towels, corduroy, velvet, wool, and fleece
• For use on all fabrics that can tolerate ironing temperatures between 260°-300°F (120°-140°C) or cotton setting on most irons
• Touch with an iron or move iron back and forth to melt this heat away stabilizer — may form small balls which are easily brushed away
• 12" x 10 yd. Roll
Zippered Polyweave Pattern Pouch
• Ideal for storing WashAway and Fusible stabilizers, as they tend to stiffen with exposure to the air
• One waterproof and moisture-proof poly weave plastic mesh zipper pouch.
• Smooth, strong, and durable metal zippered closure — for easy access.
• Easily identify stored contents inside transparent pouch — without opening.
• Also ideal for sewing, quilting, arts, crafts, puzzles, school, office, and travel.
• 12" x 16"
What makes OESD stabilizers different?
• OESD stabilizers are developed by our team of embroidery experts with many years’ experience in both commercial and home embroidery.
• Each stabilizer is thoroughly tested for quality and ease of use before it is given the OESD name.
• OESD stabilizers do not stretch in any direction, ensuring good quality embroidery, even on knits.
• You will notice the high quality and consistency of OESD stabilizers, as well as their versatility for a variety of projects.
• OESD stabilizers are designed to be the foundation on which you can build quality embroidery!
• All OESD stabilizers are made with a non-directional process, which means they are equally strong in all directions — because of this, it does not matter which direction you cut or hoop your stabilizer, as there is no grain to the material. For tearaway stabilizers, this non-directional feature also means that the stabilizer will tear evenly in all directions.
Different stabilizers are made to work with various applications. Many factors go into selecting the correct stabilizer, such as:
• Fabric choice: the weight and type of fabric
• Design density: how many stitches the design has over a given area
• How the project will be embroidered: can the project be hooped
• The desired finished result: whether the back of the embroidery shows, or will the stabilizer show through the fabric
How do I store stabilizer?
• Since most stabilizers look alike, store them in the original packaging or clearly marked bags.
• Fusible and WashAway stabilizers tend to stiffen with exposure to the air, so they should be stored in sealed bags — like the Zippered Polyweave Pattern Pouch!
• OESD stabilizer rolls are wrapped in cellophane with a paper label wrapped around the outside of stabilizer.
• After removing the cellophane wrapping, roll up the label and insert it into the stabilizer roll.
Click and purchase these helpful products selected for you by the Stitch it! Sisters™ (products sold separately):
OESD Embroidery Essentials Tool Set
OESD Perfect Embroidery Press Cloth
You may also be interested in the products below (sold separately). Click & Purchase:
OESD Polymesh CutAway Stabilizer, 10" x 10 yd. Roll
OESD Medium Weight TearAway Stabilizer, 10" x 10 yd. Roll
OESD AquaMesh WashAway Stabilizer, 10" x 10 yd. Roll
OESD Heat2Go Topping Specialty Stabilizer, 12" x 10 yd. Roll
As seen on Stitch it! Sisters™ program 304: Stabilizer Smarts Video
Join Deanna Springer and her guest Karie Coffey, Director of Marketing & Education for Oklahoma Embroidery Supply and Design OESD for this fun sewing tutorial video! Follow along as they share an assortment of Machine Embroidery Stabilizers including, CutAways, TearAways, WashAways, and Topping Stabilizers.