No-Hassle Triangles Gauge
Item #: CL9579 9579
Eliminate guesswork when creating 1/2-square and 1/4-square triangle blocks.
Create 1/2-square and 1/4-square triangle blocks without ever cutting triangles.
Effortlessly cut, mark and stitch 1/2-square and 1/4-square triangle blocks without ever cutting a triangle, or guessing at the sizes.
Makes five block sizes for both 1/2 and 1/4-square triangle blocks:
2-1/2" (64 mm), 3-1/2" (89 mm), 4-1/2" (114 mm), 5-1/2" (140mm), and 6-1/2" (165 mm)
Reference left side of gauge for 1/2-square triangles and right side for 1/4-square triangles.
Sliding gauge locks for accuracy.
1. Reference the left side of the gauge to select a 1/2-square block size.
2. Cut crosswise strips of two fabrics—the size that is printed on the gauge, and then cut strips into squares.
3. Lay gauge onto the fabric squares to double-check block size.
4. Mark a center diagonal line through gauge's center openings.
5. Stitch a scant 1/4" from each side of marked center diagonal line.
6. Cut along the center diagonal line. Presto, there are now two accurate half-square triangles!
Our NEW! Spooky Spiderweb Table Runner, by The Nancy Zieman Productions Team, goes together in a couple evenings of sewing and features thirty-six 3″ half-square triangle quilt blocks.