Nancy Zieman's Confident Sewing Collection Book
Item #: T2668 NZSCBK
Three books in one — Let Nancy Zieman help you sew, serge, and fit patterns with confidence!
Let expert sewer Nancy Zieman teach you how to sew, serge, and fit patterns confidently with this comprehensive collection of books.
Inside you'll find …
• Three complete books — Sew With Confidence, Serge With Confidence, and Pattern Fitting With Confidence.
• Inspirational projects to sew and serge.
• Clear step-by-step directions with lots of color illustrations and photos ensure your success.
400 page soft-cover book.
By Nancy Zieman.
Sew With Confidence
• A beginner's guide to basic sewing — find all the information you need to become a successful sewer!
• Do you think sewing is difficult? You Won’t after you read this book! Written for beginners, this guide provides all the help you need to sew like a pro.
• Friendly, easy-to-understand instructions starts with the basics and continues through the process until you can easily sew all of the projects included.
• You’ll find information on:
- Tools – Cutting, Measuring, Marking, Pressing.
- Sewing Machines and Sergers.
- Fabrics and Alterations.
- Layout, Cutting, Marking, Stitching.
- Waistlines, Gathering, Darts, Pleats, Sleeves.
- Zippers, Hems, Closures, Pockets.
• Includes step-by-step directions for:
- Curtains (Basic, Sheer, Tabbed, and Denim with Pockets).
- Pillows (Basic, Reverse with Buttons, Reverse with Knot Buttons).
- Pants (Elastic Waist Pajama Pants).
- Totes/Gift Bags (pajama tote, Basic Gift Bag, Bag with Draw Cord, CD Envelope).
• All along the way Nancy shares some motivating messages and tips of the trade.
• 8 Chapters include: Tools, Machines, Patterns, Getting Started, Basic Techniques, Finishing Touches, Expanding Your Vision, and Refresh Your Memory.
Serge With Confidence
• 100+ tips, techniques, and projects anyone can do!
• Expand your skills beyond those using a traditional sewing machine to discover the ease and versatility of creating wonderful projects with a serger instead.
• Let Nancy show you everything you need to know about serging through easy-to-follow instructions.
• First build your confidence by learning the basic techniques and tools needed on your way to serging success, and then put those skills to use by creating one of the many showcased projects.
• Whether you are a beginning serger or you have been using your machine for years, Serge with Confidence is the No. 1 resource to have on hand in your quest for serging excellence.
• You’ll find:
- Comprehensive overview of a serger and how to use it.
- Overview of the types of stitches available, products and tools.
- 18 inspirational projects, from wardrobe pieces accessories to home décor and holiday ideas, all fully illustrated and beautifully photographed.
- Thorough guide to keeping your serger running smoothly and trouble-free.
• 5 chapters include: Serger Quest, Get Set to Serge–Almost There, Go–Serge Ahead ... You’ve Made It!, Go–Expand Your Knowledge, Serger Upkeep & Dilemmas.
Pattern fitting with Confidence
• Sew a Perfect Fit Every Time!
• Fitting is definitely a sewing basic. If something doesn’t fit, you won’t wear it. Take a small amount of time and follow these step-by-step fitting techniques for a pattern that is “fit to be tried.”
• Create perfectly fitting garments every time with the tried and true techniques Nancy crafted over 30+ years ... her expert advice gives you the confidence and know-how to create perfectly fitting garments every time!
• Enjoy learning the techniques that will make your garment sewing successful every time and making every garment unique, well-tailored addition to your wardrobe.
• For beginning to advanced seamstresses, Pattern fitting With Confidence provides simple ways to achieve professional- looking tailored jackets, dresses, pants and tops- for all body shapes.
• It includes:
- Comprehensive instructions, plus exceptional illustrations to guide you through each stage.
- Analysis of the design, focusing on pattern plot and manipulation.
- Clear guidelines regarding preparation.
- Standard chart measurements.
• 6 chapters include: Getting Started, Basic Fitting Changes, Combining Fitting Techniques, Fitting Skirts, Fitting Pants, and Fine-Tuning the Fit.
Click and purchase an Exclusive Bundle Box created for you by the Stitch it! Sisters™:
Tunic Pattern Fitting the Nancy Zieman Way Bundle Box
You may also be interested in the products below (sold separately). Click & Purchase:
Pattern Making Paper, Set of 2
As seen on Stitch it! Sisters™ program 113: Tunic Pattern Fitting the Nancy Zieman Way.